Delicious Brown Seaweed Recipes
The sea is filled with multiple plants that are beneficial for your health and delicious to eat. Among these plants is seaweed. In recent years, seaweed has gained popularity in various cuisines worldwide.
Seaweeds also vary in colors, also referred to as their types. Out of all these types, brown seaweed is the most popular one.
Brown seaweeds consist of carotenoid fucoxanthin that is proven effective in treating various health issues, including weight loss, infections, cancer, maintaining heart health, balancing blood sugar levels, and much more.
In addition to its amazing benefits, brown seaweed is a favorite ingredient in dishes around the globe. Let’s look into some of the most popular and mouth-watering recipes for brown seaweeds.
Brown Seaweed with Brown Rice:
This salad is amazingly filled with utter deliciousness and is packed with a unique combination of flavors. Your taste buds will thank you after trying out this recipe.
The total preparation time is 15-20 minutes
This recipe makes 5-6 servings.
- Brown seaweed – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp.
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tamari – 2 tbsp.
- Short grain brown rice – 6 cups cooked
Instructions For Making:
- Add seaweed to a bowl of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a skillet and put it on low flame. Pour oil and heat it.
- Mix onions and sauté for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and set it to the side.
- Drain the seaweed.
- Take another boil and mix vinegar with oil and tamari. Whisk well, and then add onion and rice. Add seaweed to the mixture and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Seaweed Soup (Korean style)
This soup is made with brown seaweed or Japanese Wakame. It is made with some source of protein and seasoning. This soup is healthy and tastes amazing too.
The total preparation time is 20 minutes
This recipe makes 3-4 servings.
- Brown seaweed – 0.5 ounces
- Protein sources like fish and meat sliced into smaller pieces – 4.2 ounces
- Sea salt – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper – as desired
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp.
- Soy sauce – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Minced garlic – 1
- Water – 5 cups
Instructions For Making:
- Put the seaweed in cold water for a few minutes. Drain the water once done.
- Rinse the seaweed from running water. Slice it into small pieces with the help of a scissor.
- Incorporate salt and pepper in a bowl along with the protein source. Combine well and then set to the side.
- Preheat a pot on medium flame. Add sesame oil along with seaweed and protein. Stir well.
- Add garlic and water too. Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Put a cover on top and cook on medium flame. Keep cooking until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add more salt if needed.